Class Action Lawyers in Sacramento
Effective Legal Counsel for Victims of Nursing Home Abuse Across California
Do you believe that your nursing home is depriving you and others of your legal rights? The Law Offices of Mark Redmond can help you file a class action lawsuit against them for failing to provide proper care free from abuse and neglect.
No matter the type of nursing home abuse you have suffered, our Sacramento class action attorneys are dedicated to fighting for the justice and compensation you deserve. We have successfully practiced nursing home abuse law since 1992, and our firm’s record of success includes an $11.5 million class action settlement for residents in an understaffed nursing home chain.
Reasons to File a Class Action Lawsuit against a Nursing Home
Nursing home abuse happens far too often. Not only are seniors not treated with the respect and dignity they deserve, but many times they are placed in living conditions that are a risk to their health and safety.
When a nursing home fails to meet its duty of care to its residents, a class action lawsuit can be filed against it. A lawsuit is a legal claim that alleges specific misconduct by the nursing home and its employees in an attempt to remedy the situation and receive compensation for injuries.
Common reasons to file a class action lawsuit against a nursing home for abuse or neglect include:
- Negligent hiring practices. When nursing homes are understaffed or staffed with under-skilled employees, it can lead to a stressful and dangerous environment.
- A lack of supervision. Inconsistent supervision increases the risk of residents suffering harm, especially from falls.
- Unsafe or unsanitary conditions. When nursing home staff fail to help residents keep themselves and their living quarters clean, it can lead to poor health, and it increases the risk of injury or disease.
- Substandard medical treatment. Staff are required to meet a medical standard of care for all residents, meaning they must make sure that the residents get the medical attention they need at all times.
- Financial exploitation. Nursing homes have been known for taking financial advantage of their residents by cashing checks without their permission, forging their signatures, coercing them to sign documents they don’t fully understand, and even stealing their possessions.
If you are considering filing a lawsuit against a nursing home or other long-term care facility, you will want an experienced law firm on your side committed to fighting for your rights.
Contact The Law Offices of Mark Redmond
If you decide to file a lawsuit against a nursing home, you can expect resistance from the facility. Our Sacramento class action lawyers are prepared to stand by your side through every step of the legal process. From gathering the evidence to presenting your case before a judge, we have the knowledge and skills to aggressively advocate on your behalf.
Mark Redmond created an educational video series to train state investigators on how to detect and prove elder abuse. We hope that you find this information useful and that you'll contact us today to discuss the specific issues involved in your case.
Founder Mark Redmond will personally talk with you about your situation and represent you in litigation.
Founder Mark Redmond has more than 25 years experience litigating on behalf of elders and their families.
No Recovery, No Fee
You will never be charged a fee - not even case court cost or expenses unless we win.